So far this year has been relatively dry, but recent weather updates show that storms are headed our way. Typically, rain in Southern California causes people to think about car accidents, flooded streets, and not having to wash their cars. One thing about rain storms that most people overlook is the potential damage that it could do to your home if your roof is in disrepair.
Do you remember the wind storms we had last year, causing over $40 million dollars worth of damage throughout Southern California? These gusts were blowing over 80 miles an hour for over a week, crushing cars with fallen trees, knocking out power lines and tearing apart buildings and homes. If you did not check the roof of your home then, you most certainly should now before the storms begin their full swing.
The consequences of failing to do an inspection on your roof could result in the following:
- Water collection in holes or beneath damaged or missing shingles can cause wood rot and mold. This produces instability and a weakness in the exterior and internal structuring of the roof.
- Exposed wood will absorb the water and will cause irreversible damage over time. The roof would then need to be fully repaired or replaced.
- Leaks can lead to high moisture levels and produce mold and water damage. This could cause problems with bad odors, and damage your floor, carpet or furniture.
- Mold also inflicts health problems onto your family such as allergies, asthma, rashes, respiratory issues, and lowers immunity systems. Children and the elderly would be at a much greater risk.
- Heavily damaged roofs are known to also cause cave-ins or bends in the ceiling. This pressurizes your house and affects the amount of air that flows into it. Homes with these symptoms have been known to have increased wattage (power expenditure) in order to counteract the greater flow of hot and cold air.
- Nails, shingles, beams and other structural tools will become dismantled if the wood becomes overly warped or drenched in water.
So before it comes to that, be sure to save yourself hundreds, or even thousands, of dollars in roof repair by having it professionally inspected. We provide full remodeling and restoration service in the Riverside, Corona and Inland Empire area. You can contact us online or over the phone and we can come inspect your roof for potential risk and damage assessment.
Don’t wait until the last minute to repair your roof—it is your greatest protection against natural events and should be properly maintained. More rain is expected this weekend, so water damage is a real and present danger! Call now: (877) 732-8471.